General Manager - Engineering / Technical - Operations - Corrugated - Australia
Our client are one of the leading packaging businesses in Australasia - led by distinctive leaders who ignite greatness in themselves and spark the potential in their teams. They pride themselves on the fact that they continually strive to delight their customers through their commitment to product innovation, leading edge technology, quality and manufacturing excellence.
Our client are seeking a General Manager, Engineering Operations who will lead their technical and engineering operations strategy for their Fibre Packaging businesses. This is our client's largest operating division in Australasia and consists of 12 manufacturing sites across Australia and New Zealand. Our client have in excess of 100 machines (corrugators & converters) operating around the clock and the General Manager, Engineering Operations is responsible for the strategic management of this asset portfolio. Specifically, this will include;
- Supporting the leadership team on all decision making around capital investment, plant layout, asset optimisation and strategic asset management planning.
- Evaluating and optimising corrugated and converting manufacturing processes by benchmarking global best practices (particularly around performance, quality & efficiency)
- Applying knowledge of the converting and corrugating equipment capability to support product design, fabrication, assembly and tooling requirements.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with global equipment manufacturers and other operational partners to ensure optimum support and continuous improvement.
- Remaining up to date with all emerging technology and customer trends to ensure our plants are optimised to meet these and future market demands
- Optimising engineering and maintenance processes and the management of ours spares and services.
This is a critical role within our client's business and the successful candidate will have extensive experience in a senior Engineering leadership capacity within the corrugating & converting packaging sector. You will have established relationships with the key OEM’s (eg BOBST, BHS) and additional experience in fibre/kraft paper manufacture will be highly regarded.
This is an outstanding opportunity for the right candidate and our client's are keen to attract an outstanding individual from anywhere in the world - to that extent our client provides an excellent remuneration package together with full visa and relocation support.
For more information and due to GDPR please follow the application process below and one of our Managing Partners will be in contact to discuss your interest.